After picking up the last grapes, in Quevedo we are planing to do some activities to relax our muscles after the hard work. For those who have never harvested in the Douro, these may seem extreme sports; for us are a just a fun entertainment:
- To swim in the Douro river against the flow, towards its source in Duruelo de la Sierra, Spain
- To sail in the Douro, rowing on empty barrels from Ferradosa to the outlet in Porto
- To run the Cima-Corgo marathon from S. João da Pesqueira to Pocinho
- To prune 100 vines with our teeth
- To defy S. Joao da Pesqueira’s #1 dominoes player for a duel out of seven matches
- To practice “scuba diving” in the wine bins to control the fermentation process
- To take L’amour (our mighty dog) out for a walk in the center of Pesqueira without a muzzle
- To plant an hectare of vines with a hoe and a spade
- To tow the train of the 3pm from Pinhão to Alegria with two friends
- And this one’s for you to fill…. what do you suggest?
Top 9 elaborated by Joana, António and Pedro
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribe to the feed and get future articles delivered to your feed reader.