The top 10 wines in 2008 from the magazine Wine Spectator brought an excellent result for the Portuguese wines. The red Quinta do Crasto Reserva Old Vines 2005 ranks in #3 with 95 points from the magazine.
This is definitively an extraordinary prize for this dedicated family. But are also amazing news for the Portuguese wines, and mainly for the Douro wines, which year after year are more and more known and recognized by the world wine experts.
From Quevedo we would like to congratulate the winemaking team, which includes Manuel Lobo, Dominic Morris and Tomás Roquette and say thank you to put the name of Portugal in so recognized list!
Top 10 Wines:
1. Casa Lapostolle, Clos Apalta Colchagua Valley 2005, 96 points, Chile
2. Château Rauzan-Ségla, Margaux 2005, 97 points, France
3. Quinta do Crasto, Douro Reserva Old Vines 2005, 95 points, Portugal
4. Château Guiraud, Sauternes 2005, 97 points, France
5. Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe, Châteauneuf-du-Pape La Crau 2005, 95 points, France
6. Pio Cesare, Barolo 2004, 94 points, Italy
7. Château Pontet-Canet, Pauillac 2005, 96 points, France
8. Château de Beaucastel, Châteauneuf-du-Pape 2005, 96 points, France
9. Mollydooker Shiraz McLaren Vale Carnival of Love 2007, 95 points, Australia
10. Seghesio, Zinfandel Sonoma County 2007, 93 points, California
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribe to the feed and get future articles delivered to your feed reader.