Hey Santa Claus, there are 10 things you can bring me over
It is Christmas time and as far as I know Santa Claus is already on his way to Linhares de Ansiães, the small village in the Douro valley, where my grandparents from my mom’s side were grown and where I will have the Christmas dinner. I don’t like to ask for anything, specially because I think we have more than enough stuff to live with and to make us happy. BUT, if I could choose what Santa Claus will bring me tonight, here is my list:
- a big pot with one vine of Tinta Francisca and one vine of Pinot Noir, as I want to find if they are really the same varietal
- a ticket to see the Uefa Champions League final between F.C. Porto and F.C.Barcelona
- wizard hands to finish all the repair works at my parents’ house
- that in 2010 the peaches from Trovisca come without worms
- some rain during the months of April, May and June to help the new white vines we are planting growing strong and healthy
- a pair of cycling boots to ride more efficiently up and down the valley
- that 50% of all the friends that have told me they would come over in 2010 really show up
- cold nights during the next year so I have a good excuse to drink more Port
- no new roads or highways constructions in the Douro so its autenthecity can be maintained
- and new snickers as it is not been easy to find some nice ones that fit in my feet!!!
And what about you? What are you asking to Santa Claus?