The scenario is pretty disappointing. It is raining heavily in the Douro valley for over four hours and there is no signal of ending. We harvested today in Quinta da Trovisca, before starting raining. But now the soil has plenty of water and bunches and leaves are also very wet. There are no conditions for harvesting tomorrow, but it is getting late and berries can start to rot. I don’t know which decision we will take, if we are going to wait for the vines to dry out or if we resume harvesting as soon as the weather clears up. These two possibilities are probably going to be discussed during the dinner.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribe to the feed and get future articles delivered to your feed reader.