Sparkling Quevedo Rose Port Sangaree
What you will read next is probably the best ever recipe for a Rosé Port cocktail. The first and only time I tried this cocktail was in Salt Lake City, two weeks ago, on a hot Summer evening, right before starting what we think was the first ever Port Wine tasting, with winemaker present, in Utah. By the way, this somehow far state in the west of the US is a great place, beautiful landscape and really nice people. Put in on your places to visit next time you travel to the US.
- 4.5 oz (130ml) Quevedo Rose Port
- 0.75 oz (22ml) Agave syrup
- 6 dashes aromatic bitters
- a bit of nutmeg grate
- cubes of ice
- add CO2 – this is the tricky part, I don’t have a carbonated cocktail system to add CO2 to my cocktails, and probably, you don’t have it either, so just use some carbonated water instead
- squeeze a peel of lemon
- once done with the CO2, pour into the glass (or add a splash of carbonated water)
Try it at home, even if you are not able to add the CO2 and leave your comments. Other Rose Port cocktails available at C. da Silva – Dalva Port.