Dear readers, the harvest is over. Finally! After six weeks picking up grapes at the vineyards and making wines at the winery, the hardest period of the year finished on Monday. For now only in the vineyards, because at the winery we still have some musts fermenting and some juicy to fortify.
Some thoughts about 2009 Harvest:
- generally there was few quantity per vine
- the quality of the grapes for Port is excellent
- the quality of the grapes for Douro wines is good, but will age early
- it was necessary over 750 kilograms to make 550 liters (1 pipa) of wine
- the sugar content of the grapes was high, resulting in quite alcoholic wines
- the colors of the wines are deep and dark – some very promising Ports
- after some years focusing only on still red wines, this year we made 2.000 liters of still white wine
Now it is your turn. Do you have any questions or comments?
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribe to the feed and get future articles delivered to your feed reader.